Monday, March 9, 2009

New Years Resolutions....

As many do come the new year, Preston and I set some new years resolutions. They were great resolutions that I felt were reasonable and actually attainable. Well 3 months into the new year lets just say we aren't doing so hot. To be quite honest we have failed at every single one we set out to do but with 9 months left in 2009, we can definitely salvage our resolutions. So here are mine, stated to the World Wide Web World and maybe just maybe by posting them it give me more accountability. Here is a review of why it hasnt happened so far.

1. Write in journal once a week. - In theory this should be easy, once a week isn't very hard but considering I havent actually written anything this year it is clear its more difficult then I thought
2. Blog once a week. - Again not that difficult but on the weeks when all we do is go to school and work there just seems like there isn't anything to post about.
3. Scrapbook 2 hours a week. - I wanted to make this one really measurable and being that I dont have that much time to do be doing my craft hobbies I thought 2 hours was a good time frame. I don't know why I haven't tackled this one, literally I haven't scrapbooked once this year. I have plenty of scrapbooks to make too, I haven't even finished my freshmen of college yet so really there shouldn't be any hold ups.
4. Workout 3 times a week.- Oh how I would love to give you a great excuse for this but the reality is outside of doing gymnastics I was never really one who enjoyed going to the gym. I find it kind of boring and I don't have a good reason other then being lazy.
5. Study 3 hours a day M-F. - Of all the resolutions I have done the best with this one, but some days it just doesn't happen. Two hours of commuting + six hours of lecture = No desire to crack open the books when I get home.

Well there you have it. My 2009 Resolutions with all the excuses in the world but I promise to do better. Preston and I have this new method about checking in with each other on how our goals are coming along. So we will see how it works out.

No comments: