Sunday, May 30, 2010

6 Month Update almost complete....I went to Haiti

This section of the update deserves the most amount of time of all but I want to post about it all when I have collected the photos from all the other team members from our trip. For now I will sum it up quickly.

I went to Haiti with a medical team out of Tyler, Texas called Mercy Works. It was the most eye opening and rewarding experience. I have been waiting to go on a medical mission trip since I was 16 years old and it was the main reason I wanted to study something in the medical field when I went to college. Now 9 years later I was able to go, RN license and all, and the experience has only made me want to do medical missions throughout my life. Here are only a couple of photos from the trip.

Some serious packing...the sleeping bag never made it to Haiti.
I like to think someone really needed it.

Our trusted ambulance that took us to our mobile clinics each day.

One of the last families I triaged on my final clinic day.

This little girl loved her bubble bee gift.

One of the tent cities in St. Marc

I would like to thank Preston for his unfailing support. My mum for helping me gather needed supplies, her master packing skills, and for watching the boys. For Ky's mum, Kris, in lending me needing supplies, thank goodness for scouts back in the day and for Fred and his backbacking supplies. Many thanks to family and friends for keeping me in their thoughts. A big thanks to Stephanie Morgan, Preston's cousin, for going first and then telling me over and over again that I could do a trip like this.

I promise to share more as I gather photos and edit the video clips from the trip.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Jessica, that is AWESOME that you went to Haiti!! May God be glorified through your servants heart and through the lives you touched!!! I totally look forward to your video clip and more pics!! :)

Jake said...

Jessica, that is Awesome, I am sure that everything you did was so rewarding, and the memories you made will last for generations...

Aunt Janet said...

Jess, I can't wait to see the pics and hear the story. I am so proud of you for finding your dreams and making them a reality.

Colby Otte said...

Nice to have an update! Keep em comin'!!